Today we released WriteFreely v0.9, featuring the past few months of fixes and improvements.
User-Facing Changes / Fixes
- Fix hash symbols (#) wrongly recognized as hashtags inside code blocks (#6)
- Hashtags without spaces between them are now properly parsed
- Fix IsValidUsername check when PagesParentDir isn't current dir
- Fix code blocks not highlighting when an invalid language is given (#81)
- Strip HTML from meta descriptions (#83)
- Add missing Apple touch icons (#77, #78)
- Fix future-dated posts being immediately federated when moving from Draft to blog (#76)
- Fix excessive space between paragraphs inside blockquotes
- Navigating to a non-existent invite ID now shows “Page not found” instead of “Server error”
- On Export page: “zip” option now shows “txt” instead
- Remove unused references to
- Improve admin navigation
- Move “About” and “Privacy” page editing off the dashboard to a new dedicated section
- Add the ability to change “About” and “Privacy” page titles
- Add Admin Dashboard link in backend navigation
Upgrading from v0.8.x
Download the latest release for your operating system. Stop running your
writefreely service, replace all files in your installation with the ones in the archive, and then start your
writefreely service again.
Now make sure your database is backed up, and update it with
No additional steps are needed to upgrade from v0.8.x. Follow the instructions in each previous #release if you're upgrading from an earlier version.
If you are running a custom build, note that there were style changes in this release. Run
make ui to generate the latest stylesheets.
Thanks for contributing to this release!