Happy New Year! We took some time over the holiday season to relax a bit, slow down, and pause the weekly updates. But our first release of 2019 is here, featuring plenty of bug fixes (especially for SQLite users) and more admin tools as we prepare for our v1.0 launch.
Speaking of which — if you run your own instance, we're looking for your feedback on what features should make it into v1.0! We want to make sure we include everything you need to run your personal blog or writing community, so let us know over on the forums. Now for the updates:
- Admin user creation. Admins can now create a normal user from the command-line with:
writefreely --create-user username:password
- Users List (T553). Get an overview of all the users in your community with the new user list for admins. This is the foundation for future moderation features.
- Use an en dash in the title of posts that are written in German, instead of em dash (#1)
- Now you can build
writefreelywithout SQLite support. To include support, compile with the
sqlitebuild tag (this is the default with all
- Blog names starting with a number now have an ActivityPub avatar
- Prevent creating users with invalid usernames via command-line (#49)
- Fix metadata update for draft posts on single-user instances (#50)
- Fix “Database user or password not set.” error when starting SQLite-backed instances (#54)
- Fix user creation process hanging on SQLite-backed instances (#53)
- Fix tagged post query on SQLite-backed instances (#55)
- Fix ActivityPub follows on SQLite-backed instances (#56)
Upgrading from v0.6.0
Download the latest release for your operating system. Stop running your
writefreely service, replace all files in your installation with the ones in the archive, and then start your
writefreely service again.
No additional steps are needed to upgrade from v0.6.0. Follow the instructions in each previous #release if you're upgrading from an earlier version.
Some style changes were made in this version. If you are running a custom build / fork, run
make ui to generate the latest stylesheets.
Thanks for contributing to this release!