Welcome to WriteFreely Release Monday! Yep, this is a thing now — a new major release every Monday. Let's get into this one, which brings a ton of stability improvements and new features like an admin dashboard!
Now you can get a basic overview of your application on the admin dashboard. It shows you the app's resource utilization and provides helpful admin commands.
Currently, the first registered user is always an admin.
Page editing (T533)
Make your instance your own by updating your site's About and Privacy pages — now possible directly from the web. The editor accepts Markdown.
--init-dbflag to create schema in app (T530)
--reset-pass <username>option for resetting passwords (#25, T534)
- Federate draft when published to a blog (#9, T526)
- Support setting
createddate on new posts (T532)
- Fix “view blog” links on customize page in single-user mode (#21)
- Fix “Scheduled” badge appearing when application and database timezones are different (#23)
- Prevent fatal errors when no ActivityPub response is returned
Acceptactivity ID to use blog's origin (#16)
- Fix MathJax setting not sticking (#28)
- Fix wrong collection data loaded in RSS feeds on multi-user instances
- Fix feed and outbox post order in RSS feeds and ActivityPub outboxes
- Fix em dashes and some glyphs by upgrading Lora
-vflag for outputting version
Upgrading from v0.2.x
Download the latest release for your operating system. Stop running your
writefreely service, replace all files in your installation with the ones in the archive, and then start your
writefreely service again.
Important: you'll want to keep config.ini and the files in your keys directory across all upgrades — don't delete or replace these manually.
You'll need to manually migrate your database for now. To upgrade, connect to your database and run:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `appcontent` ( `id` varchar(36) NOT NULL, `content` mediumtext CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL, `updated` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
Optionally, run these queries to clean up bad data that might've shown up due to previous bugs, now fixed in this version.
-- Erroneous values inserted if you tried to enable MathJax on your blog (fixed in #28) DELETE FROM `collectionattributes` WHERE collection_id = 0;
This update contains some style changes. Run
make ui to regenerate CSS after pulling in the latest changes.
Thanks to our contributors!